Las Vegas, NV
I ate at L'Atelier de Joel Robuchon a few years ago and thought it was awesome. I told myself that one day, I'd be back to try the REAL DEAL, the adjacent 3-Michelin starred, Joel Robuchon. I figured it would be a once in a lifetime dinner, so I splurged for the full tasting. With a reservation to the restaurant, the MGM Grand can send a complimentary limo to your hotel and escort your party through a private entrance (through some fancy gardens apparently) to bypass the casino floor entrance. I went ghetto style -- self-parking and a walk across casino grounds. For a meal like this, you'll want to do as much walking as possible before and after engorging.
- One of the most decadent meals I've ever had -- felt like a king!
- Most impressive bread array I've ever seen.
- Another best I've ever seen? Why yes! Best mignardises cart ever!
- The chilled cream of corn with caviar was so freakin money!
- Edible gold flakes on multiple plates? C'mon, a little much, don't you think? Unless you want me going all 49ers on my poop, ditch the gold next time.
- The service was a bit stuffy, but I guess that's what high end 3-star Michelin dining can become?
- Please enforce the "jacket required" dress code. I was pretty much the only one dressed as requested.
- The faux risotto soybean dish was a total fail IMHO.